This is a question that we get asked all the time – and the answer is always: A lot!
Let’s take a look at what you need to taste this May as you head out to the wineries.
– The Winery at Marjim Manor has a new dessert wine called “Cherry Symphony.” The this rich, port style wine is made from the Montmorency cherry. Their award-winning “Legacy” wine is now out again for the first time in two years.
– Black Willow Winery will have a peach wine called “De-Peache Meow” on their shelves very soon. While you are there, make sure you try one of their famous wine and chocolate pairings. Special Mother’s Day Norman Love chocolates are also available!
– A Gust of Sun Winery is releasing their “Three Westies White” 2011 vintage this week.
– Schulze Vineyards & Winery has new releases this spring: Chardonnay Reserve, Cabernet Franc and Old Barn Red. And ice wine fans will be happy to know they are bottling the two new vintages very soon!
– BlackBird Cider Works now has an Oak-aged Organic Cider on their tasting list.
– And Spring Lake Winery has two new wines for you to try: Zinfandel 2010 and Estate Riesling 2010 Altra. A dry red and dry white that are perfect for pairing with your next meal.
The Niagara Wine Trail is also celebrating our 11th anniversary this month with the annual Wine Trail Blossoms event, May 10-12 (Mother’s Day weekend). Tickets are limited for this event and are available online until May 9th, or until sold out.
See you out on the trail!
~ Liz Maute