Valentine’s Day wine and chocolate pairing event
Niagara County, NY – Treat your sweetheart to local wines and chocolate during the Niagara Wine Trail’s Be Mine with Wine event, February 14, 15, and 16.
The 20 wineries along the Niagara Wine Trail USA will pair their wines with local chocolatiers’ decadent chocolate and other sweet desserts. Each ticket is valid for all three days of the event, and includes a wine glass from a starting winery of your choice, 3 tastes of wine and a pairing sample at each of the participating wineries. A complete list of featured pairings may be found on the trail’s website events page.
Some of the pairings included with the ticket are:
- Long Cliff Winery – Wines paired with 3 specialty chocolates from “Chocolate Covered” by Jim Otis: 2011 Sweet Pinot Gris with Key Lime Pie, Blauer Himmel with Spiced Apple Pie, 2012 Reserve Pinot Noir with Milk Chocolate. Attendees will get samples of each!
- Schulze Vineyards – Wines paired with a dark chocolate torte with cherry compote from Cream and Sugar Ice Cream Cafe, Lockport.
- Spring Lake Winery – “Chocolate Cabernet” Wine Ice Cream, by Mercer’s Dairy.
- Vizcarra Vineyards – “Death by Chocolate” mini cupcakes with your choice of chocolate gauche, raspberry gauche, or peanut butter, butter cream topping, made by the new pastry department at Becker Farms.
- A Gust of Sun Winery – Wines paired with chocolate bark from Stuffed Chocolate, Amherst, NY. Choose from 8 different flavors!
- Arrowhead Spring Vineyards – Wines paired with Lindt truffles.
- Eveningside Vineyards – Alethea’s Milk Chocolates paired with Pincab mulled wine.
- Black Willow Winery – our own Black Willow Winery chocolate barks and brittles paired with one of our grape or honey wines.
- Honeymoon Trail Winery – Serving our Decadent Chocolate Covered Cherry wine paired with luscious cheesecake – It’s Divine!
- Victorianbourg Wine Estate – Chocolate swirl cheesecake paired with our Chocolate Obsession wine.
- Flight of Five Winery – Barker Chocolate Box chocolate fountain and barks paired with 2 of our Signature Wines
- The Winery at Marjim Manor – Chocolate hearts made by Niagara’s Honeymoon Sweets, in Niagara Falls, (featured chocolatier at recent Academy awards!), paired with our wines.
- Schwenk Wine Cellars – Wines paired with Oliver’s Chocolates from Batavia, NY.
- Niagara Landing Wine Cellars – Specialty chocolates made with our own wines, by Jacolatte, Wheatfield, NY.
- BlackBird Cider Works – Dark chocolate hearts from Fowler’s, paired with Organic Oak Barrel Aged Semi-Sweet.
- Lake Ontario Winery – Black Pearl Chocolate Truffle brownies paired with our Black Pearl wine and other reds.
- Midnight Run Wine Cellars – Cabernet Sauvignon, infused chocolate mini cup. Sample wine directly from the chocolate cup, made by Midnight Run Wine Cellars.
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery – 2011 Vidal Blanc Ice Wine paired with White Chocolate shaped hearts with Lemon Zest from Della’s Chocolate
- Chateau Niagara Winery – pairing our new dessert wine, Kagor, with chocolate truffles in raspberry cocoa
Advance tickets are $30, available online through Thursday, February 13, or during the event for $35 per person. Friday hours are Noon until 5PM, Saturday 10AM until 5PM, and Sunday from Noon until 5PM. The trail strongly recommends advance ticket purchases at the website, and encourages groups to purchase their tickets in a single sale.
For more information, or to purchase tickets visit www.NiagaraWineTrail.org.
Trail Coordinator / firstname.lastname@example.org