This weekend, April 4-6, is the first of two weekends of wine and food pairing along the wine trail. Tickets for the first weekend are $20 online until 9pm Thursday 4/3, or $25 during the event. Tickets for both weekends will also be available to purchase at the wineries for $40 each. The second weekend sales will continue at the $20 price online until April 10th.
Below are the available pairings at each location. A map of the wine trail is available here.
April 4–6 Participating Wineries:
- BlackBird Cider Works – Spent Grain Pretzels from Woodcock Brothers Brewing Company, with a gourmet mustard dip. Pretzels paired with our draft hard cider
- Black Willow Winery – Spiedini of fresh mozzarella, basil, & tomato dressed with our very own artisan Hojiblanca olive oil and 18yr aged balsamic, accompanied with a crostini
- Chateau Niagara Winery – A pasta sampler paired with their new release “Bliss” wine (blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay)
- Lake Ontario Winery – Semi Dry Riesling paired with baguette bread topped with homemade mozzarella & drizzled with a mild olive oil and cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery – Beef Stew made with our 2012 Cambourcin; the same wine is also the recommended pairing
- Schulze Vineyards – Pasta salad with roasted vegetables citrus vinaigrette and asiago cheese, by Cream & Sugar Ice Cream Cafe, Lockport. Recommended pairings are Chardonnay Reserve for the dry palate, Vidal Blanc for the semi dry palate, and Niagara for the sweet palate. On Saturday, 4/5 live music at the winer with Dave Stoll (guitar and vocals) 2-5pm
- Schwenk Wine Cellars – Chicken and rice soup made with Stone Bottom Cayuga White wine, paired with a Wine Bread made with Lighthouse White wine
- Spring Lake Winery – Bruschetta Italiano paired with Zinfandel and White Merlot
- Vizcarra Vineyards – Mini cupcakes paired with Becker Blue blueberry wine: Blushing peach melba mini cupcake with a vanilla bean buttercream; Peach cake, accented with black raspberry and vanilla bean, vanilla bean buttercream and cobbler garnish.
- The Winery at Marjim Manor – Pizza Fondue paired with choice of dry, medium, or sweet wine: True Blue or Legacy (dry), Sophia’s Sunrise (medium), Blue Beryl (sweet)
April 11–13 Participating Wineries:
- A Gust of Sun Winery – Creamy, vegetarian carrot soup, infused with Sweet Westies White wine
- Arrowhead Spring Vineyards – D’avolio olive oils will be featuring breads with artisanal olive oils, which go great with many of our red wines
- Eveningside Vineyards – Chocolate Brownies paired with red wines
- Flight of Five Winery – Lock 68 wine paired with Pesto Chicken Sliders (a vegetarian option will be available)
- Freedom Run Winery – Choose a sample of one of our Bistro’s flat breads paired with a wine: Sun-dried Tomato Pesto with Chardonnay; Sautéed green & Sun-dried tomato with Pinot Noir; Chicken Bacon ranch with Cabernet Franc; Buffalo Chicken with Gewurztraminer.
- Honeymoon Trail Winery – Food samples provided by the Wine Trail Italian Bistro
- Long Cliff Winery – Pinot Noir paired with a Prime Rib Soup from Garlock’s Restaurant, Lockport
- Midnight Run Wine Cellars – Coconut curry chicken paired with Riesling
- Niagara Landing Wine Cellars – Assorted artisan and stuffed breads with a variety of dips that pair with any of our wines
- Victorianbourg Wine Estate – A choice of either Pinot Noir or Pinot Gris, paired with Bruschetta on Crostini from Red Coach Inn, Niagara Falls
Tickets include the food sample, a tasting of three wines, and a commemorative wine glass from the first winery. Tickets do not include transportation, and are valid all three days of the event so attendees may visit a few wineries each day, if they choose. The event runs each weekend Noon-5pm on Friday and Sunday, and from 10am-5pm on Saturday.
More information about the twenty wineries that make up the Niagara Wine Trail may be found online at http://www.niagarawinetrail.org.