Niagara Wine Trail USA Salutes the Harvest Season
September 19, 20 and 21, 2014
One of the most popular events for the wine trail, this event features harvest-themed wine and food pairings.
Each participating winery has selected an item from a local food vendor to pair with their
wines. Pairings range from hearty pastas, breads and chili, to fruit, cheesecake and icecream. Whether it be sweet, savory or spicy, there is something to delight every palate.
Some of the pairings include:
- BlackBird Cider Works – Penne with Alfredo sauce samples from Deflippo’s Italian restaurant in Lockport, paired with either Classic Wood Aged Cider, Dry Organic Oak Barrel Aged Cider, or Orchardist’s Reserve Cider.
- Schulze Vineyards & Winery – Cream and Sugar Ice Cream Cafe, Lockport. Grilled flatbread with Roasted Apples, and Local Bacon and Goat cheese paired with: Chardonnay Reserve or Old Barn Red (for Dry wine palates); Vidal Blanc (Semi-dry palate); Thirty Mile Point Niagara (Sweet palate).
- The Winery at Marjim Manor – Wines paired with Peach Cobbler. Marjim Peach Bellinis also served (made with sparkling apple and peach wines).
- Spring Lake Winery – Samples of Turkey sliders paired with wines.
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery – Pulled pork paired with Fuji Apple wine or Steampunk Cider.
- Honeymoon Trail Winery – A savory “Chilln’ Chili” made with Chillin’ Concord wine. For something sweet, Cheesecake paired with Chocolate Cherry wine.
- Schwenk Wine Cellars – Traminette or One Eye’d Jack (apple wine) paired with homemade Pumpkin Pie.
A full list of each winery’s food pairing and additional featured activities may be found online at www.niagarawinetrail.org.
Advance tickets are $30/person, plus tax, and are available online through September 18th. Tickets will be available at the door of each winery during the event for $35/person, plus tax. There is no charge for designated drivers or non-drinking attendees.
Tickets are valid for all three days of the event and include a tasting of three different wines at each winery with a food sample, and a commemorative wine glass from the starting winery.
Friday event hours are 12PM-5PM, Saturday 10AM-5PM, and Sunday from 12PM-5PM. Please note, Arrowhead Spring Vineyards will not be participating in this event.
For more information, or to order tickets visit www.NiagaraWineTrail.org.