Niagara County, NY – Treat your sweetheart to local wines paired with chocolate during the Niagara Wine Trail’s Be Mine with Wine event, Valentine’s Day Weekend, February 13th – 15th.
The member wineries of the Niagara Wine Trail have teamed up with chocolatiers to pair their wines with decadent chocolates and sweets. Some of the pairings include:
- 810 Meadworks: Three meads, each paired with our very own fine chocolates.
- Arrowhead Spring Vineyards: Pairing milk chocolate Lindt truffles with our Red Flight.
- A Gust of Sun Winery: Your choice of three wines, each paired with a chocolate specifically made to go with that wine from Stuffed Chocolates.
- Black Willow Winery: Pairing sea salted pretzel toffee bark with mead or white whites, and Choink (bacon brittle) with red wines.
- Eveningside Vineyards: Pinot Noir paired with milk chocolate hearts from Watson’s Chocolates.
- Flight of Five Winery: Pairing Chocolate Cherry cake with red wines.
- Honeymoon Trail Winery: Pairing our Chocolate Covered Cherry Wine with Cheesecake.
- Midnight Run Wine Cellars: A Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookie will be paired with Baco Noir wine.
- Niagara Landing Wine Cellars: Decedent White Chocolate Covered Niagara Landing Trail Mix. This addicting little treat will be paired with Chocolate Dream, Almond Dream, and Raspberry Rosebud, or for those who like a sweet heat, our new Hot Pepper Wine.
- Schulze Vineyards & Winery: Pairing with a choice of either Sparkling Wine or Ice Wine, dulce de leche cake with chocolate mousse and candied orange zest from Cream and Sugar Cafe in Lockport
- Spring Lake Winery: Our wines paired with chocolate fondue.
- The Winery at Marjim Manor: Wines paired with a choice of Chocolate with Sea Salt or Chocolate with Toffee by Just Chocolates. Just Chocolates will be on site with samples of their other chocolates and chocolate for sale.
- Vizcarra Vineyards: Wines paired with homemade peanut-butter cup.
Pre-sale tickets are available for $30 per person at the Niagara Wine Trail Website. Any remaining tickets will be available the day of the event for $35. Event tickets are good for all three days of the event, which takes place Friday Noon – 5 PM, Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM and Sunday Noon – 5 PM.
Each ticket includes a wine glass from the starting winery, 3 tastes of wine at each of the participating wineries, and a sweet sample at each winery. A complete list of featured pairings may be found on the trail’s website events page. Please note that the ticket prices do not include sales tax or transportation.
The trail strongly recommends advance ticket purchases at the website, and encourage groups to purchase their tickets in a single sale. Groups traveling by bus or limo should call and make reservations with each winery on their itinerary in advance of the event. Tickets and additional information can be found at www.niagarawinetrail.org.