Niagara County, NY – The Niagara Wine Trail wineries have partnered with local food banks and charitable organizations to ensure a bountiful holiday season for area residents in need. During the annual Share the Bounty event, held November 13-15th, participating Niagara Wine Trail wineries will be accepting non-perishable food items and/or monetary donations in exchange for wine tastings to benefit the food bank or non-profit of their choice.
Share the Bounty will be held Friday from Noon – 5 PM, Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM, and Sunday from Noon – 5 PM. Over the last few years, The Niagara Wine Trail wineries averaged a combined total of over $9,000 and donated over 500 non-perishable food items. This year’s partnerships for Share the Bounty include (subject to change):
- 810 Meadworks: All tasting fees will be donated to Hospice of Orleans. Or, donate one non-perishable, nonexpired food item in exchange for one taste of mead. Food items will be donated to Calvary Cupboard Food Pantry in Medina (specific needs include pasta, jelly, cereal, canned vegetables).
- A Gust of Sun Winery: A portion of our tasting fees will be donated to the WNY Heroes organization. Or, donate one non-perishable, non-expired food item in exchange for one taste of wine. Food items will be donated to a local food bank.
- ArrowheadSpring Vineyards: All tasting fees will be donated to Meals on Wheels
- BlackBird Cider Works: Donating a portion of our tasting fees to Asha Sanctuary of Newfane, and accepting non-perishable food items for the Newfane Food Pantry (3 items for 4 samples).
- Black Willow Winery: Tasting fees will benefit the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome Association (RSDSA), Niagara Hospice and Save-A-Pet. Save-A-Pet donations accepted (blankets, can and dry cat and dog food, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Chateau Niagara Winery: Donating tasting fees to “Big, Big Table” in Buffalo. A community Café, not for profit enterprise where people pay what they can afford. Their motto is “Everybody eats. Everybody gives. Everybody matters….” Any canned goods will be donated to The Salvation Army in Lockport.
- Eveningside Vineyards: Tasting fees will benefit Response to Love Center in Buffalo.
- Flight of Five Winery: Donating tasting fees to St. John’s Outreach in Lockport.
- Freedom Run Winery: Tasting fees will benefit Lockport Meals on Wheels.
- Honeymoon Trail Winery: Donating tasting fees to the Down Syndrome Association of Niagara Inc.
- Lake Ontario Winery: Tasting fees will be donated to Crohns and Colitis Foundation.
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery: Tasting fees will benefit Food Link.
- Long Cliff Winery & Vineyards: Donating tasting fees to the local Cambria Fire Company.
- Midnight Run Wine Cellars: Tasting fees will be donated to Lakeview Animal Sanctuary in Sanborn, NY
- Niagara Landing Wine Cellars: All tasting fees will be donated to Niagara Hospice in Memory of Laura A. Seaver. All food and hygiene products will be donated to Disabled American Veterans.
- Salamaca Estate Winery: Please inquire with winery
- Schulze Vineyards & Winery: Donations will be to the Newfane Community Food Pantry as follows: $3 for four tastes, or 3 non-perishable goods for 4 tastes.
- Schwenk Wine Cellars: All tasting fees will be donated to Kendall Community Food Cupboard
- Spring Lake Winery: Proceeds from tastings will go to Roswell Park for the Leukemia Division.
- The Winery at Marjim Manor: Tasting fees donated to Barker Food Pantry. Also taking donations for the PB & J food drive. Peanut Butter and Jelly jars are accepted. Trade (1) one taste per jar donated. Vendor Faire Saturday & Sunday: Local artists and craftspeople. Perfect way to do your holiday shopping.
- Victorianbourg Wine Estate: For each non-perishable food item donated your tasting fee will be reduced by $1 (regular tasting fee is $3, so 3 or more food items donated will earn a free tasting). All items donated will benefit the Wilson Community Food Pantry at St. Brendanon-the-Lake Church, Wilson NY.
- Vizcarra Vineyards: Tasting fees donated to the Gasport Zion Lutheran Church food bank. Tickets will not be sold for this event, so be sure to bring the requested non-perishable/monetary donation.