In anticipation of the Niagara Wine Trail Taste of the Trail event in April, for the month of March various wineries along the trail be hosting “Sips and Soups Sundays.”
Each Sunday, March 6th, 13th and 20th, participating wineries will pair a soup with a featured wine, cider or mead.
The list of participating wineries and soup pairing for March 13, 2016:
Long Cliff Winery & Vineyards:
- Prime Rib Pinot, featuring and paired with 2012 Pinot Noir
- Cream of Broccoli Soup, paired with 2012 Pinot Gris Reserve
- Spicy Chicken Gumbo, paired with 2012 Semi-Sweet RieslingAll soups provided by Garlocks Restaurant in Lockport, NY. For $5 guests can taste all 3 soups and their perfectly paired accompaniment.PLUS – On Sundays in March mix & match these highlighted wines to create your own 3-Pack & enjoy $10 off your total purchase price!
Schulze Vineyards & Winery:
- Creamy cauliflower hazelnut soup infused with Schulze Vidal ice wine. Pairing with Siegfried (dry), Riesling (semi dry) and Crackling Niagara (sweet). Provided by Cream & Sugar Cafe’ in Lockport.
Spring Lake Winery:
- Nana’s homemade chicken noodle soup paired with Riesling.
Honeymoon Trail Winery:
- Chili meatballs paired with dry red Full Moon and sweet red Chillin’ Concord.
Flight of Five Winery:
- Cheese Tortellini Crockpot Soup.
Lake Ontario Winery:
- Smokey Apple Cheddar Soup.
Victorianbourg Wine Estate:
- Breton-style Venison, Pepper and Corn Cream Chowder, paired with 2014 Pinot Noir.
Midnight Run Wine Cellars:
- Chicken Chili Soup. Pairs well with several of our red and white wines!
Leonard Oakes Estate Winery:
- Creamy Chardonnay Mushroom Soup paired with our 2013 Classic Chardonnay.
The Winery at Marjim Manor:
- Gumbo with Lord of the Manor or Sophia’s Sunrise.
A Gust of Sun Winery Ransomville:
- A surprise paring from Pig Kings BBQ, March 13th & 20th. Join us for a pairing of fresh, local ingredients that’ll be delicious!
- Ginger Coconut Carrot Bisque paired with Riesling 2014.
New Soup pairings added to the line up all week long!
Use the hashtag #SipsandSoups to share your own favorite “Sips and Soups” throughout the month.
A sample of the winery’s chosen soup is included with their tasting fee, which usually ranges from $2-$5. Tastings on Sundays are from Noon – 5pm. Reservations are recommended for groups of 6 or more. Soup samples are available in limited supply, so patrons are encouraged to come early.
Additional information on the wineries of the trail and a map of locations may be found at http://www.niagarawinetrail.org.
Niagara Wine Trail Coordinator