Sample the Tastes of the Niagara Wine Trail
Niagara County, NY – The Niagara Wine Trail is celebrating spring and New York Wine Month with their annual Taste of the Trail event.
Taking place over two weekends, participants can taste a different food sample paired perfectly with a wine at each participating winery. The Taste of the Trail Event covers two weekends, April 16th – 17th and April 23rd – 24th. Hours for both weekends are Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 12pm-5pm.
Event tickets for a single weekend are $25/person in advance online or $30/person at wineries during the event. Guests can also purchase a pass for both weekends at $40/person in advance online or $45/person at wineries.
Each ticket includes a tasting of 3 wines and one food sample at each of the 11 participating wineries for that weekend, and a commemorative wine glass from your starting winery. The winery participation and food pairings are as follows:
April 16th – 17th Participating Wineries:
- A Gust of Sun Winery Ransomville: Pulled pork tacos from Pig Kings BBQ with a pickled slaw made by Pickle Annie’s.
- BlackBird Cider Works: Pairing ciders with BBQ from Barker Brewing.
- Black Willow Winery: Black Cherry balsamic goat cheese mousse on endive topped with crispy prosciutto. Paired with Cabernet Franc, Trilogy Red, Riesling, and Black Widow Berry wines.
- Chateau Niagara Winery: Beef Bruschetta paired with Pinot Noir.
- Honeymoon Trail Winery: Tortellini w/sauce paired with Rieslings.
- Long Cliff Winery & Vineyards: TBD
- Midnight Run Wine Cellars: Sweet Barbecued Pulled Pork on a light biscuit paired with Diamond.
- Niagara Landing Wine Cellars: Lobster Bisque, Mini Maple Ham Sliders, Vegetable Compote, Assorted Desserts.
- The Winery at Marjim Manor: Warm Fruit Compote made with Cherry Concerto wine (a Passover favorite!).
- Schulze Vineyards & Winery: Sausage and German potato salad on a skewer by Cream and Sugar Café paired with Siegfried Reserve, Riesling, Thirty Mile Point Niagara.
- Victorianbourg Wine Estate: A savory chorizo and grilled eggplant torta from Cream and Sugar Bakery in Lockport, paired with Seyvonnay, our unique proprietary Chardonnay and Seyval Cuvé.
April 23rd – 24th Participating Wineries:
- 810 Meadworks: “Ghost of Mary” cocktail made with the Royal Squeeze (mango/ghost pepper mead) and garnished with bacon and pickled asparagus.
- A Gust of Sun Winery Spencerport: Serving Fazool’s tortellini and white sauce paired with Three & Sweet Westies White Wines.
- Arrowhead Spring Vineyards: Cool Terroir Red Wine meets Mediterranean sunshine in this delightful pairing with D’Avolio’s Olive Oils!
- Eveningside Vineyards: TBD
- Flight of Five Winery: Mini Italian Beef Sandwiches paired with Canawler Red.
- Freedom Run Winery: Ceviche Cocktail – a colorful appetizer made up of fresh herbs and vegetables, marinated with a savory blend of lime juice, cilantro and white balsamic vinegar. Pair it with Freedom Blue, semi-dry Riesling.
- Lake Ontario Winery: TBD
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery: TBD
- Salamaca Winery: TBD
- Spring Lake Winery: Nana’s mini taco made with her special recipe, roasted red pepper, turkey, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Vizcarra Vineyards: Lomo Saltado Empanada (a Peruvian dish) paired with our Paso Fino wine.
Event attendees are welcome to visit different wineries each day in any order they choose. As a reminder, ticket prices do not include applicable sales tax or transportation.
Guests touring by bus or limo, regardless of size, should call the wineries in advance to make an appointment to alleviate congestion during this popular event.
A valid photo ID with proof of age over 21 is also required to participate in wine tasting.
For more information, wine events along the trail, and to purchase tickets, visit the Niagara Wine Trail online at http://www.NiagaraWineTrail.org.
For more information contact:
Elizabeth Maute, Wine Trail Media Coordinator
email@example.com / www.niagarawinetrail.org