For the month of May various wineries along the trail be hosting “May Munchies” each Sunday.
Participating wineries will pair a light snack with a featured wine, cider or mead.
The list of participating wineries and snack pairing for May 1, 2016:
The Winery at Marjim Manor
- Scones with Herb Butter. A nod to our Victorian Teas and Historic Mansion! Paired with Lady in the Window or 50 Windows.
Victorianbourg Wine Estate
Spanakopita (a Greek savory dish of cheeses, scallions, spinach flavored with olive oil, lemon juice, and assorted spices, all wrapped in a crispy filo dough), paired with our two delightful and intensely flavorful Traminette wines: Off-Dry Traminette Special Selection (for dry wine drinkers), and Semi-Sweet Traminette (for those who prefer sweeter wines).
Long Cliff Winery & Vineyards
5 samples to choose 3 (three) pairings of wine & pretzel crisps from for $4. Options include:
– Original Pretzel Crisps & Hennepin Platinum (Dry Rose wine) – Unique blend makes a tart & crisp dry wine option for a refreshing summer party drink.
– Garlic Parmesan & 2012 Sauvignon Blanc Reserve – Crisp, elegant and fresh! Grassy aromatics. Bright palate filled with tropical notes & refreshing acidity.
– Everything Flavor paired w/ 2012 Pinot Noir – Finished in American oak, the aging process in this barrel brings out bold vanilla notes, making the red fruit flavors feel sweeter.
– Salted Caramel & NV Semi Sweet Riesling (Palate friendly!) – The low acidity yields a silky soft wine with crisp stone fruit flavors. Candied apricots & peach jelly.
– Dark Chocolate & 2013 Lemberger Reserve (New Release!) – Buttered toast on the nose gives way to a rich palate of raspberry jam!
Spring Lake Winery
- Zucchini Patties with sour cream topping, paired with Riesling. $8 tasting fee, comes with food tasting and wine tastes.
Flight of Five Winery
- Wines paired with crackers and a yummy herbed boursin spread.
Black and white cookies with our new Semi-Dry Riesling.
Salamaca Estate Winery
- Snack on homemade trail mix – pairs with any wine!
Honeymoon Trail Winery
- Chillin’ Chili Meatballs paired with our Chillin’ Concord.
Leonard Oakes Estate Winery
Lemon Buttermilk Ranch Dip and Bacon paired with Riesling
Schulze Vineyards & Winery
- Cowboy Caviar paired with our Vidal Blanc semi dry – A refreshing white wine opening up with light floral aromas that merge with subtle notes of apricot and a touch of honey.
Freedom Run Winery
- Hot Pepper Relish with crackers paired with our Catawba wine, included in our $5 tasting fee.
Niagara Landing Wine Cellars
Lemon pepper chicken over noodles paired with Semi-Dry Riesling or Semi-Sweet Riesling.
Black Willow Winery
- Get a Free Black Willow Wine Glass with a Flight of Four Wine and Chocolate Pairing for $12.00
New pairings added to the line up during the week!
Use the hashtag #MayMunchies to share your favorite snacks as you taste along the trail.
A sample of the winery’s chosen pairing is included with their tasting, fees may vary. Tastings on Sundays are from Noon – 5pm. Reservations are recommended for groups of 6 or more. Samples are available in limited supply, so patrons are encouraged to come early.
Additional information on the wineries of the trail and a map of locations may be found at http://www.niagarawinetrail.org.
Niagara Wine Trail Coordinator