For the month of May various wineries along the trail be hosting “May Munchies” each Sunday.
Participating wineries will pair a light snack with a featured wine, cider or mead.
The list of participating wineries and snack pairing for May 8, 2016:
Winery and snack pairing for May 8, 2016 #MayMunchies
Niagara Landing Wine Cellars
Meatball samples paired with Hot Pepper wine, Cab Franc and Rosebud Red
The Winery at Marjim Manor
Spinach Roll-ups: An appetizer that is easy to make. Paired with Pear Made in Heaven or Thursday Afternoon at 3.
Victorianbourg Wine Estate
Spanakopita (a Greek savory dish of cheeses, scallions, spinach flavored with olive oil, lemon juice, and assorted spices, all wrapped in a crispy filo dough), paired with our two delightful and intensely flavorful Traminette wines: Off-Dry Traminette Special Selection (for dry wine drinkers), and Semi-Sweet Traminette (for those who prefer sweeter wines).
Long Cliff Winery & Vineyards
5 samples to choose 3 (three) pairings of wine & pretzel crisps from for $4. Options include:
– Original Pretzel Crisps & Hennepin Platinum (Dry Rose wine) – Unique blend makes a tart & crisp dry wine option for a refreshing summer party drink.
– Garlic Parmesan & 2012 Sauvignon Blanc Reserve – Crisp, elegant and fresh! Grassy aromatics. Bright palate filled with tropical notes & refreshing acidity.
– Everything Flavor paired w/ 2012 Pinot Noir – Finished in American oak, the aging process in this barrel brings out bold vanilla notes, making the red fruit flavors feel sweeter.
– Salted Caramel & NV Semi Sweet Riesling (Palate friendly!) – The low acidity yields a silky soft wine with crisp stone fruit flavors. Candied apricots & peach jelly.
– Dark Chocolate & 2013 Lemberger Reserve (New Release!) – Buttered toast on the nose gives way to a rich palate of raspberry jam!
Black and white cookies with our new Semi-Dry Riesling.
Salamaca Estate Winery
Snack on homemade trail mix – pairs with any of our wines. A different flavor each week!
Leonard Oakes Estate Winery
Baked Brie with Apricot and Jalapeño jam paired with Ice
Freedom Run Winery & Vineyards
Hot Pepper Relish with crackers paired with our Catawba wine, included in our $5 tasting fee.
Black Willow Winery
A Mother’s Day Special Flight of Four Wine and Chocolate Pairing featuring Norman Love’s Limited Edition for only $10.00
Flight of Five Winery
Caprese Skewers paired with Canawler Red or Lock 70.
Blackbird Cider Works
$4 – cracker pairing and 3 hard cider tastings. Classic Wood Aged cider with Dill, Sea Salt and Olive Oil Trisquit Snack Crackers.
Schulze Vineyards & Winery
Pineapple salsa paired with Riesling.
Honeymoon Trail Winery
Grapes dipped in caramel and nuts – delicious!
A Gust of Sun Winery Ransomville
Nando’s Italian Pizzelles and Pickle Anne will be at the winery each Sunday with samples of their delicious munchies. Find your favorite munchies and our staff will assist you in picking the perfect pairing to meet your taste.
New pairings added to the line up during the week!
Use the hashtag #MayMunchies to share your favorite snacks as you taste along the trail.
A sample of the winery’s chosen pairing is included with their tasting, fees may vary. Tastings on Sundays are from Noon – 5pm. Reservations are recommended for groups of 6 or more. Samples are available in limited supply, so patrons are encouraged to come early.
Additional information on the wineries of the trail and a map of locations may be found at http://www.niagarawinetrail.org.
Niagara Wine Trail Coordinator