For the month of May various wineries along the trail be hosting “May Munchies” each Sunday.
Participating wineries will pair a light snack with a featured wine, cider or mead.
The list of participating wineries and snack pairing for May 22, 2016:
The Winery at Marjim Manor
The anniversary of Lewis’ Death! Veggie Pinwheels with Adams Appleberry or Cranberry Crescendo. Maybe Lewis will share some with you…..
Flight of Five Winery
Leonard Oakes Estate Winery
Gewurz Jelly and spicey crackers paired with Traminette.
Freedom Run Winery & Vineyards
Hot Pepper Relish with crackers paired with our Catawba wine, included in our $5 tasting fee.
Black Willow Winery
A nice afternoon snack – Caprese salad skewers with Black Willow Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar Reduction and Black Willow Tuscan Herb Ultra Premium Olive Oil.
BlackBird Cider Works
Premium Draft Cider paired with Fire Roasted Tomato and Olive Oil Trisquit Snack Crackers.
Schulze Vineyards & Winery
Hand crafted Chipotle Lime Hummus with pita chips and cut up vegetables. Pairing with our Vidal Blanc.
Black and white cookies with our new Semi-Dry Riesling.
Salamaca Estate Winery
Snack on homemade trail mix – pairs with any of our wines. A different flavor each week!
A Gust of Sun Ransomville
We will have Nando’s Italian Pizzelles and Pickle Anne every Sunday with samples of their delicious munchies. Find your favorite munchies and our staff will assist you in picking the perfect pairing to meet your taste.
Schwenk Wine Cellars
May 21 & 22, Add $1 to your tasting for a Potato Chip Pairing. Our staff will help you choose from from salt & vinegar, BBQ, Cheddar, and Sour Cream & Onion.
Lake Ontario Winery
Belgium style waffle with chocolate and strawberries, paired with Lake Ridge Barrel Aged red wines.
Victorianbourg Wine Estate
Spanakopita (a Greek savory dish of cheeses, scallions, spinach flavored with olive oil, lemon juice, and assorted spices, all wrapped in a crispy filo dough), paired with our two delightful and intensely flavorful Traminette wines: Off-Dry Traminette Special Selection (for dry wine drinkers), and Semi-Sweet Traminette (for those who prefer sweeter wines).
Long Cliff Vineyard & Winery, Inc.
5 samples to choose 3 (three) pairings of wine & pretzel crisps from for $4. Options include:
– Original Pretzel Crisps & Hennepin Platinum (Dry Rose wine) – Unique blend makes a tart & crisp dry wine option for a refreshing summer party drink.
– Garlic Parmesan & 2012 Sauvignon Blanc Reserve – Crisp, elegant and fresh! Grassy aromatics. Bright palate filled with tropical notes & refreshing acidity.
– Everything Flavor paired w/ 2012 Pinot Noir – Finished in American oak, the aging process in this barrel brings out bold vanilla notes, making the red fruit flavors feel sweeter.
– Salted Caramel & NV Semi Sweet Riesling (Palate friendly!) – The low acidity yields a silky soft wine with crisp stone fruit flavors. Candied apricots & peach jelly.
– Dark Chocolate & 2013 Lemberger Reserve (New Release!) – Buttered toast on the nose gives way to a rich palate of raspberry jam!
Niagara Landing Wine Cellars
BLT pasta salad and bruschetta bread paired with Baco Noir, semi dry Riesling, Boxer Blush and Sweet Captain.
Honeymoon Trail Winery
New pairings added to the line up during the week!
Use the hashtag #MayMunchies to share your favorite snacks as you taste along the trail.
A sample of the winery’s chosen pairing is included with their tasting, fees may vary. Tastings on Sundays are from Noon – 5pm. Reservations are recommended for groups of 6 or more. Samples are available in limited supply, so patrons are encouraged to come early.
Additional information on the wineries of the trail and a map of locations may be found at http://www.niagarawinetrail.org.
Niagara Wine Trail Coordinator