For the month of May various wineries along the trail be hosting “May Munchies” each Sunday.
Participating wineries will pair a light snack with a featured wine, cider or mead.
The list of participating wineries and snack pairing for May 29, 2016:
The Winery at Marjim Manor
Taco Dip. Perfect for Memorial Day weekend. paired with Carondelet Cabernet or Spring Lake Steuben.
Lake Ontario Winery
Belgium style waffle with chocolate and strawberries, paired with Lake Ridge Barrel Aged red wines.
Victorianbourg Wine Estate
Spanakopita (a Greek savory dish of cheeses, scallions, spinach flavored with olive oil, lemon juice, and assorted spices, all wrapped in a crispy filo dough), paired with our two delightful and intensely flavorful Traminette wines: Off-Dry Traminette Special Selection (for dry wine drinkers), and Semi-Sweet Traminette (for those who prefer sweeter wines).
Long Cliff Vineyard & Winery, Inc.
5 samples to choose 3 (three) pairings of wine & pretzel crisps from for $4. Options include:
– Original Pretzel Crisps & Hennepin Platinum (Dry Rose wine) – Unique blend makes a tart & crisp dry wine option for a refreshing summer party drink.
– Garlic Parmesan & 2012 Sauvignon Blanc Reserve – Crisp, elegant and fresh! Grassy aromatics. Bright palate filled with tropical notes & refreshing acidity.
– Everything Flavor paired w/ 2012 Pinot Noir – Finished in American oak, the aging process in this barrel brings out bold vanilla notes, making the red fruit flavors feel sweeter.
– Salted Caramel & NV Semi Sweet Riesling (Palate friendly!) – The low acidity yields a silky soft wine with crisp stone fruit flavors. Candied apricots & peach jelly.
– Dark Chocolate & 2013 Lemberger Reserve (New Release!) – Buttered toast on the nose gives way to a rich palate of raspberry jam!
Flight of Five Winery
Veggie and dip cups paired with Lock 71.
Black and white cookies with our new Semi-Dry Riesling.
Salamaca Estate Winery
Snack on homemade trail mix – pairs with any of our wines. A different flavor each week!
Leonard Oakes Estate Winery
Garden Veggie Dip with Reserve Vignoles.
Freedom Run Winery & Vineyards
Hot Pepper Relish with crackers paired with our Catawba wine, included in our $5 tasting fee.
Black Willow Winery
Caprese salad skewers with our picual ultra-premium olive oil and dark pomegranate reduction.
BlackBird Cider Works
Estate Reserve Cider paired with Garden Herb Trisquit Snack Crackers.
Schulze Vineyards & Winery
Handcrafted White Bean Basil Hummus with pita chips and cut veggies: to pair with our fabulous reds – barrel aged Cabernet Sauvignon, barrel aged Cabernet Franc, Old Barn Red: a dry blend and our SemiDry Lake house Red. We also have Ruby- our sweet concord.
A Gust of Sun Ransomville
We will have Nando’s Italian Pizzelles and Pickle Anne every Sunday with samples of their delicious munchies. Find your favorite munchies and our staff will assist you in picking the perfect pairing to meet your taste.
Schwenk Wine Cellars
Pretzel sticks and Susi’s Hot Sauce.
Niagara Landing Wine Cellars
Honeymoon Trail Winery
New pairings added to the line up during the week!
Use the hashtag #MayMunchies to share your favorite snacks as you taste along the trail.
A sample of the winery’s chosen pairing is included with their tasting, fees may vary. Tastings on Sundays are from Noon – 5pm. Reservations are recommended for groups of 6 or more. Samples are available in limited supply, so patrons are encouraged to come early.
Additional information on the wineries of the trail and a map of locations may be found at http://www.niagarawinetrail.org.
Niagara Wine Trail Coordinator