Niagara County, NY – The Niagara Wine Trail wineries have partnered with local food banks and charitable organizations to ensure a bountiful holiday season for area residents in need. During the annual Share the Bounty event, held November 11th-13th, participating Niagara Wine Trail wineries will be accepting non-perishable food items and/or monetary donations in exchange for wine tastings to benefit the food bank or nonprofit organization of the winery’s choice.
Share the Bounty will be held Friday from Noon – 5 PM, Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM, Sunday from Noon – 5 PM and Monday from Noon – 5 PM. Last year The Niagara Wine Trail collected over 2,000 nonperishable food items and $12,000. Some of the participating wineries include (Sponsored Charities and Tasting Fees may be subject to change):
- 810 Meadworks: All tasting fees will be donated to Hospice of Orleans. Or, donate one non-perishable, non-expired food item in exchange for one taste of mead. Food items will be donated to Calvary Cupboard Food Pantry in Medina (specific needs include pasta, jelly, cereal, canned vegetables). * Will open at Noon on Saturday, 11/12
- A Gust of Sun Winery: A portion of our tasting fees will be donated to the WNY Heroes organization. Or, donate one non-perishable, non-expired food item in exchange for one taste of wine. Food items will be donated to a local food bank.
- Arrowhead Spring Vineyards: All tasting fees will be donated to Meals on Wheels
- Black Willow Winery: Tasting fees will benefit the Asha animal sanctuary. We will also be collecting donation items for them.
- Eveningside Vineyards: Tasting fees will benefit Response to Love Center in Buffalo.
- Flight of Five Winery: Tasting fees donated to St. John’s Outreach in Lockport or, donate one non-perishable, non-expired food item in exchange for one taste of wine.
- Freedom Run Winery: Tasting fees will benefit Lockport Meals on Wheels.
- Honeymoon Trail Winery: Donating tasting fees to Niagara Hospice.
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery: Tasting fees will benefit Food Link.
- Long Cliff Winery & Vineyards: Collecting canned goods or cash donations towards turkeys for the Food Pantry / Care Givers Ministry at Immaculate Conception Church of Ransomville. Also accepting donations of bags of dog food towards Mario’s Pet Food Pantry. Guests will receive one free taste for each can (up to four per guest) and 4 free tastes for each bag of dog food. All donation items must have an expiration date of 2017 or later.
- Niagara Landing Wine Cellars: A dollar of every tasting will be donated to a young breast cancer patient; a Chinese auction will be held from Nov 11 to Dec 11 with proceeds going to the benefit as well. Collecting non-perishable items for a local family in need, and PB & J jars for the peanut butter and jelly drive.
- Schulze Vineyards & Winery: Donations will be to the Newfane Community Food Pantry as follows: $3.00 or 4 or more nonperishable items for 4 tastes.
- Schwenk Wine Cellars: All tasting fees will be donated to Kendall Community Food Cupboard.
- The Winery at Marjim Manor: Trade (1) one taste per jar of Peanut Butter or Jelly for the PB & J food drive. All cash donations will be used to purchase peanut butter and jelly for the food drive.
- Victorianbourg Wine Estate: For each non-perishable food item donated your tasting fee will be reduced by $1 (regular tasting fee is $3, so 3 or more food items donated will earn a free tasting). All items donated will benefit the Wilson Community Food Pantry at St. Brendan-on-the-Lake Church, Wilson NY.
- Vizcarra Vineyards: Tasting fees donated to the Gasport Zion Lutheran Church food bank.
For a complete list of wineries, tasting fees, and additional information about the Share the Bounty event visit www.niagarawinetrail.org. Tickets will not be sold for this event, so be sure to bring the requested non-perishable/monetary donation. Groups traveling by bus or limo must call and make reservations with each winery on their itinerary in advance of the event. Designated drivers and nondrinker attendees are welcome at the wineries at no charge.
Elizabeth Maute, Niagara Wine Trail Media Director